BIHS Endorsement of Scientific Meetings
The British & Irish Hypertension Society has a policy to cover requests for endorsement of scientific meetings organised by outside agencies:
- In order for the BIHS to endorse a meeting not wholly organised or initiated by itself, the BIHS Executive Committee must be actively involved in planning the scientific programme and selecting speakers etc.
- The BIHS does not normally endorse meetings whose primary focus is unconnected to hypertension.
- A request for endorsement should be sent to the BIHS Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the initial stages of the planning in order to comply with the above.
- The involvement of a BIHS member either as a speaker or chair at the meeting is not sufficient to claim BIHS endorsement.
- The Society’s name and logo must not be used to promote the meeting in any way until express permission and agreement has been granted by the President, Vice-President or Secretary on behalf of the BIHS Executive Committee. This includes invitations to other societies and/or agencies to participate in the event.
- A decision by the Society to endorse or support a meeting does not necessarily imply any financial obligations on behalf of the BIHS. For further information, please contact:
BIHS Meetings Secretariat
In Conference Ltd
Tel: 0131 336 4203