2023 Annual Scientific Meeting
Dates: 18th to 20th September 2023
Venue: P&J Live, Aberdeen
Dear Friends and Colleagues,
Following on from the success of our 2022 Annual Scientific Meeting in York, we would like to invite you to our 2023 meeting which will be held in Aberdeen. The meeting will be at the new conference centre close to the Airport and easily accessible by car, train or flights. It has excellent facilities and splendid hotels. Aberdeen, the Granite City, is Scotland’s third largest city and this will be our first conference there. We are excited at the prospect of sharing the second day of the conference with Scottish Heart & Arterial disease Prevention (SHARP) where we will hold a joint symposium exploring new discoveries in lipid therapies. We are also delighted that an international authority on high blood pressure, aetiology and management, Professor Anthony Heagerty, will be delivering the Pickering Lecture. Above all, we are looking forward to sharing this time with our members and distinguished guests. We hope that you will be able to join us and share this experience with us.
- Sir George Pickering Lecture
- Three awards for Early Career Researchers submitted abstracts; opportunities to present your work in Australia, the USA and Italy in our reciprocal exchange programmes
- The Dr Robert Grayson Award will be presented to the best research into diseases of the aorta and blood vessels
- Prizes for the best Nurses and AHP presentation and the best Poster presentation will be awarded
- Late-breaking research
New for 2023
This year we will be joined by Scottish Heart & Arterial disease Prevention (SHARP) and have put together an exciting programme showcasing the latest scientific advances in the management of hypertension and cardiovascular disease risk. Featured sessions will include:
• ‘Beyond Statins: New lipid therapies’ including talks about the mechanisms and applications of SiRNA drugs, PCSK9 inhibitors and ATP citrate lyase inhibitors
• ‘Insights from the Blood Pressure Lowering Treatment Trialists Collaboration individual patient data meta-analysis’ featuring the latest insights on management of hypertension for general practitioners in primary care.
• ‘Hypertension and the Kidney: Latest advances in research’ including discussion of the most recent trials of blood pressure lowering treatment in chronic kidney disease and updates from the European/International Fibromuscular Dysplasia (FMD) Registry
We look forward to welcoming you to Aberdeen!
Professor Terry McCormack, President & Dr James Sheppard, Secretary