Bursaries for Members 2024
Early Career Researchers
The BIHS Executive Committee has set aside a sum of money to support Early Career Researcher members in good standing, whose abstract has been accepted for oral presentation, and who are not able to obtain funding from their employer. The BIHS may also be able support BIHS member Early Career Researcher poster presenters. Bursaries are applicable to presenting authors’ registration fees and conference dinner only. Priority will be given to those who have not received a bursary in previous years and the Review Panel may decide to award partial bursaries if not all bursaries are awarded in full.
If you wish to apply for a bursary, please tick the necessary box during abstract submission.
• Students (undergraduate or postgraduate)
• Employed in a training-grade post (up to and including Specialist Registrar level)
• At early career researcher level (up to 5 years post PhD, with appropriate adjustment for career breaks), or equivalent, as deemed appropriate by the Executive Committee.
Deadline for Applications via Abstract Submission System: 24 April 2024
The BIHS Executive Committee has a limited number of bursaries to support registration fees for Clinical Practitioner members in good standing who wish to attend the Annual Scientific Meeting and who are not able to obtain funding from their employer or offset registration fees against tax or research expenses.
To encourage Clinical Practitioner members to participate in the programme, priority will be given to applicants who have submitted an abstract. The necessary box should be ticked in the abstract submission system. Thereafter, applications will be considered on a first come, first served basis.
If you wish to apply for a bursary tick the box during abstract submission (see Early Career Researchers above) or, if applying outside the abstract submission process, complete the bursary application form and send it to email@example.com
Deadline for Applications: 24 April 2024
Criteria for Bursary Approval – Early Career Researchers and Clinical Practitioners
• The applicant is a current member of the society in good standing or in the process of having their membership application approved
• If the membership application is successful, payment of the subscription fee must be received prior to bursary being awarded
• The applicant is unable to obtain funding from their employer/institution
• The applicant is unable to offset registration fees against tax or research expenses
• One additional point will be provided to candidates in full time education or who works less than full time
• Candidates who have been awarded a bursary before will have a point deducted
Applying for Membership
If you wish to apply for membership, please submit your application by 17th May 2024 latest, in order to be considered for a bursary. Click here for the online membership application form.
Bursary applications will be considered by the Review Panel and you will be informed of the decision by the 6th of June 2024. The decision of the Review Panel will be final.
2024 Bursary Application Schedule
Bursary Application Deadline: 24 April 2024
Membership Application Deadline (if you are becoming a new member and wish to be considered for a bursary): 17th May 2024
Notification of Bursary Application: 6th June 2024