Benefits of Membership
- Recognition as a member of one of the most respected Societies in the field of Hypertension in the world. The BIHS provides educational resources on hypertension management, and maintains an internationally renowned, impartial list of validated BP monitors
- The Research Network facilitates collaboration between members to instigate and implement new research strategies
- Networking facility and specialist education for hypertension nurses and AHPs
- Early Career Research Special Interest Group
- Participation in the development of treatment guidelines in the area of cardiovascular health management
- The opportunity to influence the activities of the Society by sitting on Standing Committees
- Career development opportunities, including becoming a mentor, abstract review and attending regular networking events
- Reduced registration fees for the BIHS Annual Scientific Meeting. Earn your membership fee back by attending the meeting
- Bursaries for Early Career Researcher abstract presenters and Nurses/AHPs to attend the Annual Scientific Meeting
- Reduced registration fees for other BIHS educational events including CPD accredited meetings
- Regular Newsletter with opportunity to contribute to the content
- Opportunity to apply for Fellowship in due course
- Members’ only area on website
- Online Access to Journal of Human Hypertension with the additional opportunity to subscribe to the print version at a substantially reduced rate
- Associate Membership for students
How to become a Member of the British & Irish Hypertension Society
Membership is open to all registered healthcare professionals providing hypertension care or individuals active in research into high blood pressure or cardiovascular disease. The annual subscription fee for Members is currently UK £75.00, payable annually. For members paying by direct debit the fee will be £65.00 annually.
Overseas Affiliate Members are not eligible for election to the BIHS Executive Committee or Working Parties.
Student Membership is open to students (undergraduate and postgraduate) during the tenureship of their training period. Confirmation that the applicant is currently a student in training will be required. The annual subscription fee for Student Members is currently UK £30.00, payable annually.
How to join: Applications for membership are welcomed by the BIHS Executive Committee throughout the year. New members should include the following documents in their online application:
• Curriculum vitae
• Short personal statement, explaining why you would like to join the Society
• Confirmation of student status (Student Membership applications only)
• Evidence of national practitioner registration (Members residing overseas only)
To submit your application Join Now
Membership will begin upon receipt of the annual membership fee, which will be adjusted pro rata for the first year, depending how much of that first calendar year remains.
Please note that only those who have paid their annual subscription by the 5th July 2023 will be eligible for the reduced member registration rate at the Annual Scientific Meeting in September. Applications received after this time will be welcomed, however the member will have to register for the meeting at the non-member rate.
Current Members Only: To renew your membership please contact the BIHS Secretariat at email@example.com
If you wish to terminate your membership, please advise the secretariat in writing: firstname.lastname@example.org