Abstract Submission: Now Closed
Notification of Outcome to Authors: Wednesday 2nd June 2021
You MUST submit your abstract on the template provided. To download the template, click here.
Abstracts not sent on the BIHS template and not adhering to the 300 word limit WILL be automatically rejected.
Please do NOT enter author and institution information on the template. You will be able to enter this information elsewhere in this portal. The word limit has been increased to 300, but it will not be possible to submit figures or tables.
Please do NOT alter the formatting of this template by changing fonts. Simply enter your text under the correct headings. The form will be automatically processed – if you alter it, your submission will not be processed correctly.
Amending a Submission
Should you need to amend your abstract, you can do so up until the deadline for submission. Simply save your abstract as a draft and return to amend as many times as you like before the deadline. Alternatively, if you have submitted your abstract you can email us to amend it before the deadline.
Withdrawing an Abstract
If you want to withdraw an abstract please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How are Abstracts Selected?
Abstracts are reviewed and shortlisted by BIHS members who will assess whether the proposed paper fits the scope of the conference.
ABSTRACTS SHOULD DESCRIBE WORK UNDERTAKEN WHICH IS OF A SCIENTIFIC OR CLINICAL NATURE. ABSTRACTS OF A COMMERCIAL NATURE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Abstracts will be considered for oral or poster presentation, and authors should indicate their presentation preference (Oral, Poster or Either). Abstracts which receive the highest grades from the referees will be selected for oral presentation.
- Abstracts selected for presentation to the Society will be published in the Journal of Human Hypertension (authors who do NOT want their abstract published in JHH are asked to tick the relevant box on the on-line abstract submission system – abstracts not being published in JHH will also not appear in the online abstract publication).
- Authors MUST follow the abstract requirements as set according to the JHH publication guidelines – Please click here to download the guidelines.
- Authors will be asked to complete a Conflict of Interest Declaration on the submission website. Please only declare commercial conflict of interests, not funding from recognised grant-awarding bodies.
- Each abstract will be refereed blind by five reviewers.
- Ten minutes (plus five minutes discussion) will be allocated to each Oral Presentation.
- It is our intention to hold this meeting face to face, but may revert to a virtual format if necessary.