Young Investigators Network
The BIHS Young Investigator (YI) Network was launched at the ASM in 2016 with the aim of better integrating junior researchers into the Society. Specifically it aims to:
• promote research conducted by early career scientists, clinicians, nurses and allied health care professionals within the Society
• facilitate communication about BIHS activities amongst its YI members
• increase visibility of young investigators through the BIHS website & social media
• provide better opportunities for networking amongst YI members within the Society as well across other scientific and clinical societies
• attract new Young Investigators and increase their involvement in the Society
We consider Young Investigators to be those who identify themselves as an undergraduate or postgraduate student, or employed in a training-grade post up to specialist registrar level, or an early career researcher in a postdoctoral or lecturer position.
We hold a symposium every year at the BIHS Annual Scientific Meeting at which invited speakers talk about issues pertinent to Young Investigators and provide opportunities for networking with peers and senior members of the Society. Go to the Members Area to see previous YI Symposia. We also organise a YI poster storm and separate YI oral sessions at ASM each year.
The YI network also provides a mentoring scheme for young researchers looking for advice and mentorship about their career in hypertension research.
The YI network is run by a working group led by an elected Young Investigator who sits on the BIHS executive committee.
We are keen to meet you and hear your ideas for the BIHS YI Network and the Society as a whole. If you would like to speak with us, please email us directly. If you want to stay in touch and keep up to date on future developments within the Network, why not join our mailing list by sending your name and organisation by email to the BIHS secretariat.
If you are not already a member, why not join the Society and benefit from all of the exciting initiatives being led by the BIHS YI Network, and reduced fees for the next Annual Scientific Meeting. To find out more about BIHS Membership, please click here.