Collaborative Research Working Party
The Working Party was formed in April 2006 when a meeting of BIHS members actively engaged in research was called to discuss collaborative prijects. A small group evolved to form the Working Party and a Research Network was established to provide a wider forum for discussion.
The Working Party re-grouped in 2014 to widen the boundaries of BIHS involvement in national research into hypertension and cardiovascular disease.
|Chair: Professor Christian Delles (Exec Rep)|
|Dr Chris Clark||Professor Una Martin|
|Professor Franco Cappuccio||Professor Tom MacDonald|
|Professor Indranil Dasgupta||Professor Isla Mackenzie|
|Dr Mark Glover||Dr Carmel McEniery|
|Professor Paul Leeson||Dr Paul Robinson|
|Dr Helen Warren||Dr Manish Sinha|
The Research Network comprises BIHS members from all over the UK and Ireland who are actively involved in research.
- To design and execute new clinical research studies expected to benefit from collaboration among several centres
- To engage with stakeholders to secure funding for BIHS research studies
- To consider individual research projects for BIHS ‘endorsement’
- To ‘adopt’ studies in which at least one BIHS member/centre participates in delivery
- Peer review of new studies
- Identifying priority areas for research
- Supporting recruitment for studies via the BIHS network
- Disseminating research results
BIHS Research Support for Members